Saturday, July 5, 2008

Teachers love summer more than the kids...




So we've been basking in our summer off work as much as possible, mainly showering Joe with attention. I took him for his first swim at the Alma water park this Tuesday with our friends Nikki & Ellen and their kiddos. The water was pretty cool, so I wasn't sure if he would like it, but boy did he. He splashed so much and laughed the entire time. I was feeling like the overprotective first time mom after putting sunscreen on him and making him wear his sunhat even though the kiddie area was totally covered. But then Ellen had Miles in a life jacket and Nikki had Noah in one as well (complete with "goggle glasses" as he calls them), so I felt better about myself. We are planning on taking him swimming again tomorrow at Dan's parent's next door neighbor Jan's pool. By the time the summer is over, Joe may be quite the brown baby!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you all are part of the blogging world! I can't wait until Joe and Caroline can swim together next year!

    ReplyDelete